Australia’s Medical Association as now passed guidelines that bans kids from blowing out their birthday candles because of a spread of germs. Are you kidding me?
The only candle that is permitted is one per cupcake(being that that specific cupcake is eaten by the same child that is blowing out the said candle)
I can see if there was some sort of pandemic but this is just ridiculous. Kids NEED to be exposed to germs so they can build up immunity to them. They NEED to get sick on occasion so they can fight off stronger strains of the flu and other symptoms in the future.
I have always been a firm believer that its okay to let my kids get dirty. The five second rule as been practiced in this house since my kids were very little. They get sick on occasion but are usually over it in a day or two. Many kids these days that are protected from germs(mom following behind them with disinfecting wipes and anti-bacterial soap) seem to be getting these sicknesses for longer periods of time.
How do you tell your child that he/she won’t be blowing out their birthday candles this year? Imagine the horror on those little faces come the big day.
Will they be having candle police patrolling the streets, peeking in windows waiting to arrest moms and dads that break this rule? Will all birthday candles be removed from store shelves?
What do you think of the whole Candle Blowing Ban in Australia? What would you do if this ban came to Canada?
There is no related posts.