Valentine’s Day is the perfect time to bake something sweet for your sweetheart. If you are in the mood to bake but not sure what to whip up, give these chocolate cherry kiss cookies a try. A simple spin off the old chocolate chip cookie, the cherry kiss flavor these sweet treats are perfect for the Valentine’s Day season. Easy and inexpensive to make, they are a baking treat you will want to put on your to do list!
Chocolate Cherry Kiss Cookies
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ¾ cups brown sugar
- 1 cup softened butter
- 1 ½ teaspoons of vanilla
- 1 egg
- 2 ½ cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ cups of milk chocolate chips
- 1 jar of Maraschino cherries
- Red food coloring
1. Begin by preheating your oven to 375 degrees.
2. Combine all of the ingredients with the exception of the cherries and food coloring into a mixing bowl. Mix until the ingredients are blended well and a dough has formed.
3. Pour the cherry juice into the mixture. You want to use about ¼ of a cup.
4. Finely dice a ¼ cup of cherries. Add them to the dough. Mix well.
5. For a little added color (the juice may give your dough a pink tinge, but not always) add a drop or two of red food coloring to the dough. This is a fun and easy way to give the cookies an extra pop of color.
6. Bake at 375 degrees for 8-10 minutes. The cookies will be nice and golden, yet soft, when done.
Allow the chocolate cherry kiss cookies to cool before enjoying. They make the perfect late night treat, or are a great snack for the kid’s to enjoy after school. Either way, this is a recipe you will want to have on hand this Valentine’s Day season! Whip up a batch of these chocolate cherry kiss cookies and see how well they go over in your home.