If you are helping out with any children’s parties or classroom parties this St. Patrick’s Day season, or if you just want some fun favors for when guests come to dine, take a peek below at these fun and frugal St. Patrick’s Day treat holders. Easy to make using just a few supplies from your local craft store, these treats are great for holding chocolate gold coins or anything else that celebrates the season. Take a look at how to make your own, they are so simple!
As mentioned we were able to find the paper we needed for this project at our local craft store. For just a few cents per sheet, it was a great deal. Scour your recycling bin for cardboard tubes, as chances are you have plenty around the home.
1. Begin by rolling the tube in the craft paper. Secure it to the tube with glue, pressing firmly until it dries. Use your scissors to cut the paper to fit the tube nicely.
2. Take another piece of paper (in a different pattern) and cut a 1 inch strip from it. Wrap the strip around the tube and secure it in place with glue.
3. At one end of the tube, use your thumbs to press the cardboard ends inward towards each other. Fold them nicely over each other and secure with glue.
4. You can now fill the tube up with treats of your choice. We picked out some fun golden coins!
5. Press in the opposite end of the tube just as you did above. Secure it closed with glue.
Your St. Patrick’s Day treat holder is now ready to roll! Have these at place settings at your next party, or make them with the kiddos for some St. Patty’s Day fun. Either way, it a fun and frugal craft everyone is sure to love.
February 14, 2014