Results 1 to 1 of 1
Discuss Lasagna at the Cooking it up with Recipes within the Canadian Freebie Forum: Shopping Bargains, Deals, Contests and More !; Ingredients * 1 pound lean ground beef * 1 onion, chopped * 2 (6 ounce) ...
- 09-21-2010, 06:36 PM #1
- Join Date
- Sep 2010
- Owen Sound
- 3 Post(s)
- 0 Thread(s)
Lasagnahowdy CFS fans !
* 1 pound lean ground beef
* 1 onion, chopped
* 2 (6 ounce) cans tomato paste
* 1 (14.5 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
* 2 cups water
* 1 tablespoon dried oregano
* 2 teaspoons garlic powder
* 2 teaspoons salt
* 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
* 1 tablespoon white sugar
* 12 ounces cottage cheese
* 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
* 1 egg
* 9 lasagna noodles
* 1 pound shredded mozzarella cheese
1. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook beef until brown. Drain. In another skillet over medium heat, cook onion until translucent. Combine beef and onion in a large saucepan with tomato paste, crushed tomatoes, water, oregano, garlic powder, salt, pepper and sugar. Cook over medium heat until mixture comes to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer 1 hour.
2. While sauce is simmering, blend cottage cheese, Parmesan and egg until smooth. Set aside.
3. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
4. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
5. Spread 1 cup of sauce in the bottom of a 9x13 inch baking dish. Cover sauce with 3 noodles. Cover noodles with one-third of remaining sauce. Top with half the mozzarella. Place another layer of noodles and one of sauce over the mozzarella; top that with the cottage cheese mixture. Top with remaining 3 noodles and remaining sauce.
6. Bake in preheated oven 30 minutes. Sprinkle remaining mozzarella on top and bake 15 minutes more, until golden and bubbly.
- By classmum in forum Expired Samples CanadaReplies: 1Last Post: 03-14-2011, 01:41 PM
(Main) tex mex lasagnaBy chicky82 in forum Cooking it up with RecipesReplies: 1Last Post: 10-03-2010, 04:19 PM
(Main) cheesy veggie lasagnaBy fun2b in forum Cooking it up with RecipesReplies: 0Last Post: 09-27-2010, 12:48 PM
(Soup) Lasagna soup RecipeBy fun2b in forum Cooking it up with RecipesReplies: 0Last Post: 09-23-2010, 11:06 AM
(Main) Lasagna Roll-Ups RecipeBy NorthBay_Lady in forum Cooking it up with RecipesReplies: 0Last Post: 09-18-2010, 04:18 PM