When I came across this latest advisory from Health Canada I have to admit that it made me literally cringe.
There have been many cases of children requiring emergency surgical treatment to remove swallowed magnets and/or magnetic toy pieces from their intestines. If a child swallows more than one powerful magnet over a short period of time, the magnets can attract one another while travelling through the body. When this happens, the magnets can twist the intestines and create a blockage or they can slowly tear through the intestinal walls. The results can be very serious and even fatal.
It’s scary to think that something laying around your home can potentially seriously harm your children. Magnetic beads or those little magnets that are found in toys can be a killer. I know that I will be more aware of these things from now on.
For more information on this as well as all the latest advisories to help keep you and your family safe, visit Health Canada’s Page Here.
There is no related posts.