If you want to add some kids crafting to your holiday, this DIY mistletoe project will be the perfect fit. Using just a few supplies, you can make your own mistletoe to hang from the doorway and steal a kiss under. Plus, as you can see, the mistletoe is fashioned from your own child’s “toes” so this craft is not only fun for décor but it makes a great keepsake as well. Take a look below at how simple it is to make your own.
DIY Mistletoes Kid’s Craft
- Construction paper
- Green paint
- Q-tips or paint brush
We were able to find everything we needed supply wise at our local dollar store, making this a craft that is just as frugal as it is fun. You may also have a great deal of these items around your house too. Take a look before you buy!
1. Begin by covering your child’s foot with paint. You can use a paint brush, a q-tip, or just put the paint on a plate and let them dip their foot in.
2. Press their foot firmly on the construction paper. Hold the foot for a few seconds and then lift so the print it revealed. You can use your q-tip to touch up any spots that may look a bit bare.
3. Once your footprints are dry, you can start cutting them out.
5. Glue the footprints together in a cluster as the picture shows. You can use however many footprints you wish. The more footprints you have, the bigger your mistletoe will be of course. The choice is yours.
6. Once a cluster is glue together, you just need to add ribbon now for hanging. We simply glued a few pieces directly to the back of our paper.
There you have it! In no time flat you can make the perfect holiday keepsake. Hang your mistletoe from a banister, entryway, or anywhere you want to add a little spirit. Kids will love seeing their footprints on paper and you will love pulling these out next year and seeing how tiny their feet were. In fact, this could be a fun craft to do each year as your children grow and change.
So gather your supplies and give this simple DIY project a try. The holidays are quickly coming to a close, so get crafting and have some fun with the people you love.