Sign up with Proctor & Gamble and get a FREE baby proofing kit, which includes 2 cupboard handle locks and 2 cupboard latches. This freebie really comes, I received mine last week.
Please note: They take MONTHS to arrive. One kit per household, limited time only, while supplies last. Offer valid to USA, Canada & Puerto Rico only.
Baby Proofing Tips
- Get down on your hands and knees, and take a new look around your house for anything that could harm your baby or toddler.
- Make sure every surfaces below your chest level is clear of any dangers.
- Install rubber stoppers on the top of all of your doors, so your baby’s fingers can’t get pinched.
- Put plug covers on all unused outlets, and hid all used outlets with furniture.
- Always keep your purse, and any guests purses out of reach.
- Install locks on all of your cabinet and drawers..
- Put baby gates at all stairwells, and in the door ways to any rooms that aren’t safe for baby to get into.
- Put doorknob covers on all of your doors to outside, to prevent your toddler from sneaking out of the house.
- Remove rubber tips from all of the door stoppers in your house. This is a very common cause of choking.
- Place slip-proof mats underneath all throw rugs and door mats, to prevent falls and injuries.
- Install a locks at the top of doors you don’t want your toddler opening, particularly doors that open to outdoord.
- Use a toilet lid lock, to prevent drowning… and baby getting sick from all of the germs.
- Put plastic of foam corner cover guards on all sharp corners.(most table corners, desk corners, oven handles, counter corners are at a toddlers eye level)
- Secure all TV’s, book shelves, tall dressers (anything that can topple over if a toddler tries to climb it) to prevent serious injury.
- Find out which plants are safe, and which are dangerous.
- Always make sure the floor are clear of small objects every single time you enter a room.
- Install a baby proof soft tub faucet cover to protect baby’s head in the bath.
If you can think of any baby proofing tips that I may have missed, please leave them in the comment section below, so I can add them to the list 🙂