Really. It is easy. Even the dough is super easy. I know, I know. Yeast was scary for me too. Until I joined the Get Real 2012 challenge on Once A Month Mom (OAMM). One of the months challenge was BREAD. It’s not so bad once you do it. Having a great teacher helps too!
We always have a homemade pizza ready to go in the freezer. I put one ball of dough, cheese, sauce and pepperoni in baggies and those baggies in a Ziploc bag. Take it out in the morning and we have mini pizzas for dinner! The kids LOVE making their own. It is so much more fun than delivery!
Too hot for baking pizza? Easy solution… grill them! Have fun with it!
Here is the dough recipe I used:
Homemade Pizza Dough
Kelly @ Onceamonthmom.com
- 2.75 cups lukewarm water
- 1.5 Tablespoons granulated active yeast
- 1.5 Tablespoons kosher salt
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 6.5 cups unbleached organic all purpose flour
1) Mix the yeast, salt, sugar and olive oil with the water in a large bowl
2) Mix in the flour without kneading, using a wooden spoon.
3) Cover (not airtight), and allow to rest at room temperature for about two hours.
4) Use for a pizza immediately or place in refrigerator and let sit for at least four hours before storing.
After dough has sat in refrigerator for at least four hours, divide for big pizzas or small, whatever your choosing. wrap dough with plastic wrap or parchment paper. Place in a freezer bag and into freezer. To serve: Let dough thaw in refrigerator. Remove from bag, dust with flour and roll out or stretch for your pizza!
**When ready to prepare: Preheat oven to 450 degrees. If you have a pizza stone, place in oven for preheat. Bake for 15 minutes or until crust is golden brown and toppings are bubbly.**
Servings: 2 large pizza, or 3 medium pizzas, or 4 small pizzas, or 16 small calzones/sandwich pockets
There is no related posts.