Hubs and his two long time friends are heading out for opening of Bass fishing this weekend. Exciting … I KNOW! But on the plus side I get to stay home and NOT FISH. Another bonus is afterward the 3 families get together for BBQ, drinks, swimming and food! Did I mention food already?
Other than the request for my now famous Ranch Cheddar Burgers I wanted something refreshing as it is HOT here!
Since there are fresh strawberries EVERWHERE right now I thought I would use some. So I will be making some Strawberry Lemonade that I found on Pinterest that linked me to Laylita’s Recipes. I will garnish with the fresh mint from my garden.
Recipe: Strawberry lemonade
Summary: Homemade strawberry lemonade recipe, made in the blender using lemons, strawberries and honey. Replace lemons with limes for strawberry limeade.
- 1 ¼ lb strawberries, washed & cut in halves, about 4 cups
- 2 lemons, washed and quartered (use limes to make strawberry limeade)
- ~ ½- ¾ cup honey or sugar to taste, adjust based on your preference and sweetness of strawberries
- 6 cups of water
- Garnishes: Strawberry slices, lemon slices and/or fresh herbs
- Blend the strawberries, lemons and honey with 2 cups of water
- Strain the strawberry lemon mix, add the additional 4 cups of water through the strainer
- Taste and add additional honey/sugar if needed
- Serve cold over ice and garnished with strawberry slices, lemon slices and herbs.
Sounds refreshing!! Also take note of the recipes authors notes:
This strawberry lemonade can also easily be turned into a refreshing summer cocktail, just add your choice of alcohol. I’ve turned this drink into a cocktail using vodka, tequila, rum and even cachaça – for a quick strawberry caipirihna. You can also mix the strained mixed with white wine or sparkling wine, instead of the additional 4 cups of water, for delicious strawberry sangria.
Happy Summer everyone!
There is no related posts.