Vinegar is a liquid that is produced via the fermentation of ethanol in a process that yields its main ingredient acetic acid. It is this acid that helps with the usefulness of vinegar in household tasks, below is a list of the top 10 uses for vinegar
1.Cleaning your Shower Head- all too often your shower head over time fails to function as it once had due to lime deposits caused by the water that runs through it day after day, a simple solution is fill a plastic bag full of vinegar and tape it around your shower head and leave it there overnight making sure that the head is fully emerged. The next day remove the bag and use a brush to remove any deposits that may remain.
2. Mildew Removal- If you are getting mildew on your plastic shower curtains, put them in your washing machine with light colored towels and add about a cup of vinegar to the detergent and wash.
3. Softening Laundry- Add about 1.4 cup of vinegar to your laundry loads to soften your laundry without leaving any odors.
4. Window/Mirror Cleaner- Make a solution of half vinegar and half water and put it in a spray bottle, spray the surfaces that need to be cleaned and wipe them dry.
5. Pet Odor Neutralizer- If you have pets in your home you will be all but too familiar with some of the mess and odors that they can leave. Make a solution of 1 part vinegar to 3 parts water and pour on stained areas to remove stains and odors. TIP: NEVER RUB this will just mix the stain into the fibres making it worse, instead Blot.
6.Anti Bacterial Cleaner- A completely Green alternative to some of the harsh chemicals that you can buy, it will kill 99% of bacteria, about 82 percent of molds and 80 percent of germs and viruses that can be found on household surfaces.
7. Cosmetic Uses- you can use vinegar as a facial cleanser, help with itchy skin, as a low cost toner, and to help control oily skin.
8. For the Hair- Vinegar can leave your hair smooth and silky and restore shine; you will want to use it once weekly or up to 3 times a week. to make a vinegar rinse add one cup vinegar to 2 cups warm water and add in an essential oil (such as tea tree oil, optional) and work with your fingers into your hair.
9. Gardening and Weed Control- Some plants like azaleas, rhododendrons, hydrangeas and gardenias thrive on the acid’s in vinegar so adding a little white distilled vinegar solution on them once in awhile will help them thrive. It also helps to increase the acidity of soil in general. Weeds can be killed by spraying them with pure vinegar, a cheaper alternative to some of the expensive chemicals.
10. Rust Remover- Vinegar will eat through the rust and expose the beautiful shiny metal underneath.
So as you can see; vinegar is a very great and cost effective chemical to keep around the house and can help you out with many tasks.
There is no related posts.