Jun 14, 2020
Downy fabric softener has been around since 1960, so for the past 50 or so years, it has done its duty making clothes smell fresh and keeping them soft.
Did you know that Downy Fabric Softener can be used for much more than making your clothes smell good?
Here are 13 ways you can use Downy Fabric Softener:
1. Make your wallpaper remover. Add a cap of Downy to 1 litre of water and wipe on your wallpaper. Allow to soak in thoroughly, and after about 20-30 minutes, the paper should come off well.
2. Get rid of hard to clean hard water stains. Sponge on some fabric softener and gently massage into the surface. Wipe with a damp towel and dry with a paper towel.
3. Tired of getting shocked under your feet? Get rid of static build-up on carpets with a mixture of 1 cup Downy Fabric Softener with 2 litres of warm water. Put it in a spray bottle and spritz your carpet. Allow drying. Not only will it leave your carpets smelling refreshed, but it will cut the shock as well!
4. Dab full-strength Downy Fabric Softener onto a damp cloth and dust your home to get rid of that extra-stubborn dust that clings to TV’s computer monitors, gaming systems and other plastic items.
5. If you have a painting project in mind, keep this trick in your head: Instead of just rinsing in plain water, mix a couple of drops of Downy into your rinse water and allow to air dry. No more stiff brushes!
6. Hairspray that has made its way onto your mirrors or bathroom fixtures can be hard to remove. Use a mixture of 1 part Downy and two parts water in a spray bottle to remove this sticky mess.
7. Refresh sheets in a guest room with a mixture of 1 part Downy Fabric Softener and 1 part water in a spray bottle. Just spray a mist layer on and allow it to dry.
8. Don’t spend all night soaking that pan. Put a dash of Downy in your soaking water and mix. In about an hour, your dish will practically wipe out clean with no work.
9. If you run out of hair taming frizz-free styling product, just dilute some Downy and use it as a fix for these annoying hair issues. This is especially helpful on humid days.
10. Refresh your car. Fill a spray bottle half full with Downy and fill the rest with warm water. Gently mix and mist onto your cloth surfaces in your vehicle to get rid of smoke, pet and food odours.
11. Remove soap scum on bathroom fixtures by gently rubbing full strength Downy into the surfaces and allowing to dry. Do this a couple of times if necessary. Remove with a wet cloth.
12. Clean glass tabletops with it. Just add a capful of Downy to 1 gallon of hot water and dampen a cloth with it. Wipe and dry immediately. This will keep your glass table dust-free for longer.
13. Did you use too much soap in your washer and now have a mess? Just spray on some Downy into your washer, and the suds will go away.