Save a Loonie – 30 Ways to start saving a Dollar a Day
Are you one of those people that have a hard time saving money? Well here’s a few ways to start saving a loonie a day. Below you will find some creative ways to start saving a simple dollar per day. This is a perfect list to help you starting to save money.
Some of these things may be more value than a $1.00 per day, and some thing may turn out to be less.
A Simple Dollar per day equals to $30 per month or $365 per year. Of course there’s lots of ways to save even more money per day or per month.
An Old Quote:
Save up the pennies and the dollars will take care of themselves
Perhaps this list can help you get started.
30 Ways to Save a Loonie Per Day
- Take homemade coffee to work and skip tim hortons drive through
- Take your own soda to work and skip the vending machines.
- Pack your own lunch vs eating out each day.
- Find a free ebook on Amazon vs purchasing one
- Carpool when possible
- Eat a Meatless Dinner once per week or more
- Go to the movies on cheap night vs opening movie night
- Youtube on how to fix or do things before hiring out
- Cook from Scratch vs eating out as much as possible.
- Use Mail in Rebates when you can
- Do your own nails vs getting them done professionally
- Trade babysitting favors with friends or family vs hiring a sitter for a night.
- Shop for Clothing towards end of Season for next year
- Wash your own car vs taking it to the car wash
- Menu plan your meals ahead of time
- Avoid taking children grocery shopping
- Avoid purchasing snacks at convenience stores – your better off stopping at grocery store for pop and chips
- Go to Garage sales for toys and great second hand baby & kids clothing – books vs purchasing new
- Purchase a water time for watering your grass
- Only wash clothing when you have 3/4 or more of a load
- Only dish wash your dishes when you have a full load
- Go to Swap meets in your area for kids sports equipment
- Turn your thermostat a degree lower
- Pay your bills on time to avoid penalty fees
- Stock up on great sale items for Groceries
- Coupon when possible when buying groceries or eating out
- Run your AC only when you really need to – open a window and use a fan
- Shop around for all of your insurance needs 1x per year to make sure you are getting the best deal
- Phone your Cell Phone Company and make sure you are on the right plan for best usage of service
- Phone around for best Credit Card rates or points value