I don’t know about y’all but I am so ready for Spring! I’m beyond tired of the cold weather.
Trying to pretend it wasn’t still cold outside, we made some fun, yummy, brightly colored chocolate chip cookies. And since a certain 3 year old’s favorite color is pink, well, you see. 🙂
- 2–1/4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1 bag colored candy melts
- Line your baking sheets with parchment paper and preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- In a medium mixing bowl, cream together the butter and sugars until smooth. Add the vanilla extract and stir.
- Sift in the flour, salt and baking soda and mix to combine. Beat in the eggs until the mixture is creamy.
- Stir in the chocolate chips and mini chocolate chips. Drop by tablespoonfuls onto your prepared pans.
- Bake 9-11 minutes until golden brown. Cool for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to completely cool.
- Once the cookies are cooled, line a baking tray with parchment paper. Working in batches, melt the candy melts according to the directions on the package. Dip the cookies half way into the chocolate, then place carefully on the parchment paper. Top with sprinkles and allow to harden for 1 hour in the refrigerator.
- Store in an airtight container or ziplock bag for 4-6 days.