Chocolate covered strawberries. One of my favorites! This cake takes those flavors we all love in that elegant dessert & puts it in a delicious easy to make cake that doesn’t take nearly as long to make. The cake starts with a cake mix but is amplified with the addition of fresh strawberries & topped with a to-die-for homemade chocolate sauce. This would make a perfect sweet treat for Mother’s Day!
Chocolate Covered Strawberry Cake
- For the cake:
- 1 box (15.25 ounces) strawberry cake mix – I used Pillsbury
- water, oil & eggs required for cake mix
- 1 cup fresh diced strawberries
- For the chocolate glaze:
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- Prepare the cake mix according to the package directions. Once the cake mix is made, gently fold in the fresh strawberries. Bake the cake according to the package directions for the pan you are using – I used a bundt pan so it was about 30 – 40 minutes at 350 degrees. Remove the cake from the oven & allow to cool before adding the glaze.
- While the cake is cooling, make the glaze. In a medium saucepan, combine all of the ingredients over low heat. Continuously stir the mixture slowly until melted and smooth. Remove the glaze from the heat and allow to cool slightly before adding to the cake. Slowly drizzle as much or as little as you’d like over the cooled cake.
We won’t tell if you eat any of the remaining chocolate sauce with a spoon! 😉