Co-op Product Recall for Canada December 2014
PRODUCT BEING RECALLED
- Superior Ceramic Baking Dish with Silicone Handles and Glass lid
REASON FOR RECALL
- The plastic screw that is used to attach the knob on the lid to the clear glass can melt. In turn, it could cause the lid handle to break free. If contents are hot when this occurs a serious burn hazard can ensue.
- UPC NUMBER UPC of 77144853159
- he white ceramic baking dish has red silicone handles and a clear glass lid with a white lid knob. The baking dish measures 42.5 centimetres in length by 28 centimetres in width by 11 centimetres in height
- Please note that ONLY the dishes with the clear lid are being recalled. All other products from this brand are safe.
IF YOU OR SOMEONE YOU KNOW AS PURCHASED THE RECALLED ITEM BE SURE TO RETURN TO YOUR LOCAL CO-OP STORE FOR A FULL REFUND.
Click here for more information on latest product recall at Co-op Canadian Stores December 2014
Share this post so no one gets hurt.5
The recalled products we sold in the following Canadian provinces:
- British Columbia
What to do if you have the affected product in your home
If you have any of the products listed, you are being asked to either throw it out or return it to the story it was purchased at.
What is Listeria Monocytogenes
Listeria monocytogenes does not affect the appearance, smell or taste of their food contaminates but can make you very sick, and may even cause death in some cases.
- Women who are pregnant, the elderly and those with weakened immune systems are at a much higher risk of serious complications. Infected women who are pregnant may experience mild, flu-like symptoms, however, the infection may lead to premature delivery, infection of the newborn or even miscarriages and stillbirths. In severe cases, people may die.
View more detail on this and other product recalls on The Canadian Food Inspection Agency website here