Compliments Recall for Canada.
On February 27, 2019 – Sofina Foods Inc has issued a Recall on:
Compliments brand Chicken Nuggets.
Reason for Recall:
- due to possible Salmonella contamination
If you have the recalled product, you are being asked to not consume this product and return it to the place it was purchased, for a refund.
|Brand Name||Common Name||Size||Code(s) on Product||UPC|
|Compliments||Chicken Nuggets – Breaded Chicken Cutlettes – Uncooked||1.5 kg||Outer package: 2019 JL 18|
Inner package: 1998M
|0 55742 33690 0|
This product has been distributed in:
- Possibly National
- Alberta, British Columbia, Manitoba, New Brunswick, Newfoundland and Labrador, Northwest Territories, Nova Scotia, Nunavut, Ontario, Prince Edward Island, Saskatchewan, Yukon
- The Public Health Agency of Canada is investigating an outbreak of human illness. Please refer to the Public Health Notice for further details on this active outbreak investigation.
What you should do:
- Check to see if you have recalled products in your home.
- Please do not consume this product.
- Recalled products should be thrown out or returned to the store where they were purchased.
- If you think you became sick from consuming a recalled product, call your doctor.
Food contaminated with Salmonella may not look or smell spoiled but can still make you sick. Young children, pregnant women, the elderly and people with weakened immune systems may contract serious and sometimes deadly infections. Healthy people may experience short-term symptoms such as fever, headache, vomiting, nausea, abdominal cramps and diarrhea. Long-term complications may include severe arthritis.
Ottawa, February 27, 2019 – The food recall warning issued on January 25, 2019, has been updated to include additional product information. This additional information was identified during the Canadian Food Inspection Agency’s (CFIA) food safety investigation.
Sofina Foods Inc. is recalling Compliments brand Chicken Nuggets from the marketplace due to possible Salmonella contamination. Consumers should not consume the recalled product.
This recall was triggered by findings by the CFIA during its investigation into a foodborne illness outbreak. The CFIA is conducting a food safety investigation, which may lead to the recall of other products. If other high-risk products are recalled, the CFIA will notify the public through updated Food Recall Warnings.
The CFIA is verifying that industry is removing the recalled product from the marketplace.
Sofina Foods Inc.: 1-855-SOFINA1 (1-855-763-4621)
MORE Recalls from Compliments Brand listed below.
Find ALL Recalls Here.
What is Listeria Monocytogenes
Listeria monocytogenes does not affect the appearance, smell or taste of their food contaminants, but can make you very sick, and may even cause death in some cases.
Listeria Monocytogenes Symptoms
- persistent fever
- muscle aches
- severe headache
- neck stiffness
Women who are pregnant, the elderly and those with weakened immune systems are at a much higher risk of serious complications. Infected women who are pregnant may experience mild, flu-like symptoms, however, the infection may lead to premature delivery, infection of the newborn or even miscarriages and stillbirths. In severe cases, people may die.