Who is ready for spring? I know I am! If you are in the mood for spring, why not hurry it along with this fun and frugal spring craft? These DIY Cupcake Cup Butterflies are so easy to make and can add some instant spring spirit into your space. You only need a few supplies, all of which can be found at your local dollar store. Take a peek below at how to make your own in just minutes. This is one spring craft you won’t want to miss out on, as it just doesn’t get any easier. Take a look!
- Assorted paper cupcake cups
- Wood clothespins
- Pipe cleaners
As we mentioned, you can find all of these supplies at your local craft, dollar, or retail store. You may even have a few of these supplies around your home already, so be sure to check before you go out and buy.
1. Begin by flattening your cupcake cups as flat as a pancake. Just use your hands to do this.
2. Pinch the center of the cupcake cups. You want to bunch them right in the center so that it takes the form of a butterfly with wings on each side.
3. Clip the wood clothespin directly in the center of the paper where you pinched.
4. You can decorate the clothespin if you want, we chose to leave ours plain but the choice is up to you.
5. Cut a few inches of pipe cleaner. Bend and twist them to look like antennae.
6. Clip the clothespin around the pipe cleaner. It should now look like a butterfly ready to take flight!
These can be hung just about anywhere for some fun, frugal, and instant spring charm. Give this simple Cupcake Cups Butterfly craft a try and see how easy it can be to get in the spring spirit!