Valentine’s Day approaching typically means you will have some sweet treats in the house. This year, display those treats in a way that is fun and frugal when you make your own DIY Valentine’s Day Candy Dish. You only need a few supplies, most of which can be purchased at your local dollar or discount store. In no time you will have the perfect, festive display to hold your candy and treats. Take a look at how to make one for yourself.
DIY Valentine’s Day Candy Dish
- Glass candle holder
- Small glass plate
- Silk flowers
- Hot glue, glue gun or epoxy glue
- Small candies of your choice
We were able to find all of these supplies at our local discount store. We used silk, red roses for ours but you are free to use any color or variety that interests you.
1. Begin by pulling the blooms off of the stems. Place them inside of the candleholder.
2. Apply a layer of glue or epoxy to the top of the candleholder. You are now going to seal the top closed when you add the plate on top of it. This will keep your flowers in.
3. Press the glass plate to the candleholder. This will be the tray or dish your treats can go on. Press it firmly so that it adheres well.
Once your epoxy or glue is nice and dry, you Valentine’s Day candy dish is ready for use. The bottom will be filled with colorful, Valentine’s Day charm while the top half will display treats of your choice. We chose to use ours to serve candy conversation hearts and as you can see, they worked perfectly.
Gather your supplies and give this simple Valentine’s Day DIY project a try. It is a fun and frugal one you won’t want to miss out on.