Valentine’s Day is the perfect time to tell someone you love them. Well when you create this fun and frugal craft, you get to show them too! Using a few inexpensive and FREE materials, you can make your own simple I love you banner to gift to your sweetheart. Don’t want to give it away? That’s ok too! Just hang it up in your home where you need an extra pop of color. Take a look below at how to make your own I love you banner in just minutes and for just pennies.
Frugal Valentine’s Day I Love You Banner
- Assorted paint sample swatches
- Craft Glue
- Scalloped scissors
You can find paint swatches for free at your local hardware store, or retail store even. Grab just a few, as you won’t need many for this project. You will need three larger squares, and a few smaller for your lettering. If you don’t own scalloped scissors don’t fret, you can use regular scissors and just create a fancier edge.
1. Begin by cutting your lettering out of your darker colored samples. You want them to pop against the background, so darker shades work best. Cut out a simple “i”, a heart, and then a “u.” Set the lettering aside.
2. Use your scissors to create scallop on both the top and bottom of the larger paint samples. This will give them a fancier and festive look.
3. You are now going to attach your lettering. Do this by using craft glue to secure each letter to the center of the larger squares.
4. Add additional embellishment to the squares. We cut out some small hearts and placed them in various places on the squares.
5. Run your string through the cards so the banner can hang. Our swatches already had the holes in them, but if yours don’t simply cut one out and thread the string through.
There you have it! Your banner is now ready for hanging. How sweet would this look in your home as you prepare for the Valentine’s Day season? Pretty sweet indeed! So gather your supplies and give this simple DIY project a try. It is a simple craft that is sure to get you into the Valentine’s Day spirit!