Not a Pretty Dish to photograph! But was easy to make! I had lots of leftover cooked chicken breast, and originally planned to make a biscuit chicken dish – but I was short on the bisquick to pull off the recipe I originally planned to make.
I then planned on just using a pie shell but spotted I had two crescent rolls containers in my fridge – so I did up a quick google search if people can use crescent rolls for a chicken casserole – and of course Pillsbury did have a recipe – but I didn’t use theirs, I just ran with the idea of using it as a crust.
It only takes 35-40 to create including cooking time. So it’s great for those busy school nights.
This recipe was ate and devoured in one sitting with my family – they actually prefered to my Mock chicken dumpling casserole.
One dish supper filled with chicken, veggies and soups. Create in 40 minutes or less.
- 3 Shredded Cooked Chicken breasts ( if you only have raw – quickest way to cook is to boil them) Feel free to use Cooked Turkey or even thighs.
- 1 Can of Pillsbury Crescent Rolls
- 1/2 Cup of Butter
- 1 1/2 Cup of frozen veggies ( I used corn,peas, carrot mixture)
- 2 Cans of Creamed Chicken Soup
- 1/4 Cup of Milk
- 1 Cup of Shredded Cheese
- Pre Heat oven to 350 Degrees
- Melt your 1/2 cup of butter in bottom of 9×13 pan.
- Sprinkle your cooked chicken along the bottom
- Then sprinkle your frozen veggies over top.
- The Mix your two cans of soup in a bowl with a bit of milk so it’s soup consistency
- Pour and mix into our casserole.
- Take out your Cresent Roll Can and then place on top – it takes some arranging but it does fit in this size of baking dish.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes. It should be a golden brown . Then sprinkle your cheese on top and bake until melted ( another 5- 8 minutes)
- Category: Casserole
- Cuisine: casserole