This is a great recipe for when you have company! I love that you can make it ahead and simply pop it in the oven the next day.
Heck you can just make this for any Sunday Brunch for your family. It serves approximately 8 people – so if you include seconds for those hefty eaters in your home – You should be good for a miinimum of 5 people.
This is a great recipe as chances are you will have all the ingredients in your home ! You might have to purchase frozen hashbrowns and bacon if you don’t have them already in your fridge/freezer.
This recipe is pretty cheap to make. ( $13.49 or less)
Bacon can be bought for $3.00 if on sale – You don’t need the high premium Canadian bacon for this recipe
Eggs – a Dozen can be bought at $2.50 at Shoppers Drug Mart when they have a sale.
Shredded Cheese – can be expensive ($5.99 ) if you don’t shred your own – Read on How to freeze cheese to save money on shredding your own. –
Frozen Hashbrowns can be purchased for as low as $1.66 to $1.99 when purchased on sale.
Simply Chop and fry up your bacon in a frying pan.
Add your frozen hashbrowns and spice to a casserole pan
Add Your cooked chopped bacon to the top of your hashbrowns and mix in with 3/4 of your shredded cheese
Whisk up your wet ingredients
Pour your wet ingredients into the casserole pan on top of your mixture and give it a bit of a stir
Add the remainder of shredded cheese to the top of your casserole dish
Bake Your Hashbrown Casserole with Eggs , Bacon & Cheese for 30-40 minutes
Let Sit and cool off for 5 minutes before serving.
1 package bacon
1 package frozen hash browns
1 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon pepper
½ teaspoon garlic powder
½ teaspoon onion powder
½ teaspoon paprika
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, separated
2 cups milk
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and fry up your chopped bacon in a frying pan
2. Grease a large casserole dish and add the frozen hash browns.
3. Season with salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and paprika.
4. Add chopped bacon and 1 ½ cups shredded cheese. Stir ingredients inside casserole dish to evenly distribute all ingredients throughout.
5. In a large bowl, whisk the milk and eggs to combine.
6. Pour milk mixture evenly over hash brown mixture.
7. Top with remaining shredded cheese.
8. If making ahead, cover casserole and refrigerate for up to 24 hours.
9. Bake uncovered for 30 to 40 minutes, or until hash browns are cooked through and the egg mixture is no longer runny.
Pin it for Later!