My kiddo is a snacker. She would much rather snack all day long then sit down and eat a full meal. One of her favorite snacks are chips. So I try my hardest to buy the healthier options.
This time though, I decided to try my hand at making some homemade veggie chips. I used zucchini & squash and other than a few of the really thin slices getting too done, they were a hit!
Is your kid a snacker?
- 1 large zucchini, thinly sliced into rounds
- 1 large squash, thinly sliced into rounds
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt to season
- Preheat the oven to 225 degrees. Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats.
- Place the zucchini & squash slices in a single layer on paper towels, cover slices with more paper towels, and gently press to squeeze out as much liquid as possible. Arrange the slices onto the prepared baking sheets, taking care not to overlap slices.
- Brush the zucchini & squash slices with olive oil and sprinkle lightly with salt.
- Bake in the preheated oven until lightly browned and crisp, about 1&1/2 – 2 hours. Let cool before serving. Store in an airtight container up to 3 days.