Very Hot jelly to be used with cream cheese crackers, or put on a meat or sauce.
- 1 large green bell pepper
- 12 jalapeno peppers
- 1 1/2 cups apple cider vinegar
- 1 pinch salt
- 4 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 4 ounces liquid pectin
- 4 jalapeno peppers, seeded and finely chopped
- Add the green bell pepper and 12 jalapeno peppers in a food processor or blender. Process until finely chopped.
- Put the peppers to a large saucepan, and stir in the Apple cider vinegar. Bring to a boil, and let simmer for 15 to 20 minutes. Strain the mixture through a few layers of cheesecloth, and discard peppers. You should have about 1 cup of liquid.
- Return the liquid to the saucepan, and stir in the salt and sugar until dissolved. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. When the mixture comes to a rolling boil (one that cannot be stirred down), boil for one minute, then stir in the liquid pectin.
- Stir in the remaining jalapeno peppers, and ladle into sterile jars leaving 1/4 inch headspace. Seal jars in a hot water bath. Refrigerate jelly after seal is broken
Makes 4 Mason jars full