New Janes Food Recall.
On November 2, 2018 – Sofina Foods Inc. has issued a Recall on:
Janes brand Pub Style Chicken Strips recalled due to Salmonella
If you have the recalled product, you are being asked to not consume this product and return it to the place it was purchased, for a refund.
Reason for Recall:
- possible Salmonella contamination
|Brand Name||Common Name||Size||Code(s) on Product||UPC|
|Janes||Pub Style Chicken Strips – Uncooked Breaded Chicken Cutlettes||800 g||Outer package: 2019 MA 11|
Inner package: 1318M
|0 69299 12489 7|
See below for other Janes products recently recalled.
- 2018-10-26 – Janes brand Pub Style Chicken Burgers recalled due to Salmonella
This product has been distributed in:
- The Public Health Agency of Canada is investigating an outbreak of human illness. Please refer to the Public Health Notice for further details on this active outbreak investigation.
What you should do:
- Check to see if you have recalled products in your home.
- Please do not consume this product.
- Recalled products should be thrown out or returned to the store where they were purchased.
- If you think you became sick from consuming a recalled product, call your doctor.
- Food contaminated with Salmonella may not look or smell spoiled but can still make you sick. Young children, pregnant women, the elderly and people with weakened immune systems may contract serious and sometimes deadly infections. Healthy people may experience short-term symptoms such as fever, headache, vomiting, nausea, abdominal cramps and diarrhea. Long-term complications may include severe arthritis.
Ottawa, November 2, 2018 – The food recall warning issued on October 26, 2018 has been updated to include additional product information. This additional information was identified during the Canadian Food Inspection Agency’s (CFIA) food safety investigation.
Sofina Foods Inc. is recalling Janes brand Pub Style Chicken Strips from the marketplace due to possible Salmonellacontamination. Consumers should not consume the recalled product.
This recall was triggered by findings by the CFIA during its investigation into a foodborne illness outbreak. The CFIA is conducting a food safety investigation, which may lead to the recall of other products. If other high-risk products are recalled, the CFIA will notify the public through updated Food Recall Warnings.
The CFIA is verifying that industry is removing recalled product from the marketplace.
Sofina Foods Inc.: 1-855-SOFINA1 (1-855-763-4621)
For more information, consumers and industry can contact the CFIA by filling out the online feedback form.
Visit the Canadian Food Inspection Agency website for more information on this recall.
MORE Jane’s RECALLS listed below.
New Janes Chicken Recall
Updated October 28th, 2018
Health Canada has issued yet another recall on Jane’s brand Chicken Products.
|Janes||Pub Style Chicken Burgers – Uncooked Breaded Chicken Burgers||800 g||Outer package:|
2019 MA 14 Inner package:
|0 69299 12491 0|
SHARE WITH EVERYONE YOU KNOW!! WE DO NOT WANT ANYONE GETTING SICK!!
October 18, 2017
There is a new recall on Janes brand frozen uncooked breaded chicken products from the marketplace due to possible Salmonella contamination.
If you became sick from eating this product, call your doctor.
If you have the following Janes Product in your freezer:
- Throw Out
- or Return to store where purchased.
How to Tell if food is contaminated with Salmonella:
It will be hard to tell as food with Salmonella may not look or smell spoiled but can still make you sick.
Salmonella Sickness Symptoms:
- abdominal cramps
12 0 69299 12491 0 via Janes Pub Style Chicken Burgers – Uncooked Breaded Chicken Burgers 800 g Expiry Date 2018 MA
69299 12542 9 via Janes Pub Style Snacks Popcorn Chicken – Uncooked Breaded Chicken Cutlettes 800 g 2018 MA 15 0