U by Kotex Tampon Recall.
On December 11, 2018 – Kimberly-Clark has issued a Recall on:
U by Kotex Sleek Tampons, Regular Absorbency
If you have the recalled product, you are being asked not to use this product and contact Kimberly-Clark’s Consumer Service team immediately regarding this recall.
Reason for Recall:
- Kimberly-Clark has received reports from consumers of the U by Kotex® Sleek® Tampons, Regular Absorbency, unravelling or coming apart upon removal.
- This product has been sold throughout the United States and Canada.
- The recall is limited to specific lots of U by Kotex® Sleek® Tampons, Regular Absorbency, that was manufactured between October 7, 2016, and October 16, 2018, and distributed between October 17, 2016, and October 23, 2018. Consumers can identify this product by looking for specific lot numbers found on the bottom of the package. Retailers have been alerted to remove the recalled lot numbers from shelves and post a notification in their stores.
- A full list of recalled lot numbers is available on the U by Kotex® website.
- In some cases, users were required to seek medical attention to remove tampon pieces left in the body. There also have been a small number of reports of infections, vaginal irritation, localized vaginal injury, and other symptoms.
- Consumers who experience vaginal injury, (pain, bleeding, or discomfort), vaginal irritation (itching or swelling), urogenital infections (bladder and vaginal bacterial or yeast infections),
- No other U by Kotex-branded products is subject to this recall.
Kimberly-Clark’s Consumer Service team at 1-888-255-3499 between 7:30 a.m. – 7:00 p.m. Central Time, Monday through Friday, for information regarding this recall.
A full list of recalled lot numbers is available on the U by Kotex® website https://www.ubykotex.com/en-us/recallfaq
Canadian health care professionals and consumers may report device-related incidents directly to Health Canada by completing a Health Product Complaint Form online.