Oct 9, 2020 Join our Private facebook Group!
Pricing laundry detergent to find the Best Deal
I’m using regular pricesat Wal-Mart to figure out per load on Liquid Laundry Soap by Popular Brand name. Some of the prices may surprise you. But if you’re looking to save a few dollars and are NOT a Huge Coupon person, you may want to think about being Less Brand Loyal at times.
- Gain HE Laundry Detergent Island Fresh 64 use $10.97 = 17 cents per load
- Gain Laundry Detergent Apple Mango Tango 72 use $13.97 = 19 cents per load
- Gain – Original, 96 uses $15.97 17 cents per load
- Gain Liquid Laundry Detergent – Apple Mango Tango 105 Loads $10.97 = 10 cents
- Gain Ultra 120 use 10.97 = 9 cents per load
- Tide Original 32 use $8.97 = 28 cents per load
- Tide Liquid 2X Cold Water Mountain Spring 52 use $6.77 = 13 cents
- Tide Original 64 use $15.95 = 25 cents per load
- Tide Liquid 2X HE Original 64 use $15.95 = 25 cents per load
- Tide Liquid 2X Cold Water Fresh Scent 78 use $21.78 = 28 cents per load
- Tide Liquid 2X Free 96 use $21.78 = 23 cents per load
- Purex 2X Ultra Concentrate After the Rain, 1.47L / 32 loads $2.99 = 9 cents per load
- Purex 2X Ultra Concentrate Coldwater, 1.89L / 40 loads $5.93 = 15 cents per load
- Purex 2X Ultra Concentrate Coldwater, 2.95L / 64 loads $8.93 = 14 cents per load
- ARM & HAMMER® Clean Fresh Scent 4.43 L $9.97 – No-load amounts but guessing it would be 74 = 13 cents per load
- ARM & HAMMER® Clean Fresh Scent 3.12 L $6.97 Guessing 60 loads = 12 cents
Conclusion: Based on the Variable of 64 loads per bottle The Cheapest is……………
- Depending on the usage of 3.12 L of Arm & Hammer is 12 cents
- Next Cheapest price is Purex at 14 cents per load
- Then Gain at 17 cents per load
- Then Tide at 25 cents per load.
Of Course, other brands are not listed, such as Cheers, and separate laundry soap brands, but I just calculated on what I could find within walmart.ca prices and the brands of detergent they carried with prices.
The goal for laundry soap is to buy it when you can get it for 10 cents per load or less.
As you can see by “Regular” prices ( Not on sale), It wouldn’t take too much for the lesser three brands to be 10 cents or under.
You can get lucky with Tide once in a While. I did back in August at Wal-Mart Anniversary sale, and once I found it on Clearance at Shoppers, but it can be done ( Should mention I don’t have tons of stores to shop from)…