Being that it’s in the triple digits for a good portion of the summer, I’m always looking for ways to not technically have to cook. I love making no-bake treats during the summer & these cookies have been one of our favourites! The recipe is very similar to a traditional no bake oatmeal cookie recipe but with the addition of pretzels! I know you’re probably going “WHA…..” right about now but the sweet & salty combo in the cookie was so good! Plus they are definitely kid-approved! My little ate almost the whole batch of cookies all by herself!!
- Yield: about 12 1x
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 stick butter (4 tablespoons)
- a scant tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup crushed pretzels
- 1/2 cup instant oats
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons chocolate spread*
- In a medium bowl, combine the pretzels, oats, peanut butter & chocolate spread. Set aside. (you don’t have to do this part, it just made it easier because you do have to work fast to add this in to make the cookies before everything sets up as it cools)
- Bring the sugar, butter, cocoa, & milk to a rolling boil for 1 minute – be sure to wait until the boil is ROLLING before you start timing the minute, you want to make sure the sugar is fully dissolved.
- When the mixture is ready, remove from heat and add in the vanilla. Immediately add in the remaining ingredients, stirring quickly before the cookies set up. Drop by the spoonful onto parchment or wax paper and allow to cool.
*I used Hershey’s Chocolate Spread – not Hershey’s Chocolate Sauce! The spread is similar consistency to peanut butter. If you don’t have a chocolate spread & don’t want to purchase, you can simply increase the peanut butter to 1/4 cup & simply omit the chocolate spread.
- Serving Size: 1 cookie