It’s almost October – the month of Pumpkins!
And here is a great Pumpkin recipe for Muffin/Cupcakes with a touch of pumpkin icing ( butter cream)
Such a simple recipe for cupcakes (Only 3 ingredients) and then there is the fun of icing!
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as my family has!
The Pumpkin Muffin/ Cupcake
- 1 Betty crocker Spice Mix Cake Mix
- 3 Eggs
- 1 can of Pureed pumpkin ( note not pie filling but 100% pumpkin puree)
- Pre Heat oven to 350 degrees
- Simply put all ingriendents in a bowl and mix well
- Pour into sprayed muffins pans or cupcake liners 3/4 full
- Bake for 20-24 minutes (toothpick test)
- Let Cool and add icing
Pumpkin Buttercream Frosting:
- 1/2 Cup of Butter (room temperature)
- 1/2 Pumpkin Puree
- 1 tsp of Nutmeg
- 1ts of cinnamon
- 1 tsp of vanilla
- 6 cups of icing sugar
Using a Mixer or Kitchen Aid Stand – mix butter, puree, spices and vanilla, then gradually add one cup of icing sugar until you get the consistency you want for an icing for stiffness.