Oct 9, 2020 Join our Private facebook Group!
HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!! Are your kids so excited to go out Trick-or-Treating tonight? My daughter has been begging for two weeks!! Finally, I get to tell her today is the day!! 🙂
I enjoy Halloween, but I’m never thrilled about the overabundance of candy that ends up in my house because I always feel the responsibility to Eat. It. All. just to prevent my daughter from overeating! See, me stealing her candy is just my way of being a good mom 😉
These candy bar cupcakes are a great treat to use up some of that candy! They can be used with any combo of candy bar & cupcake, so the possibilities are endless. I used Milky Way Simply Caramels in this batch, but I think a peanut butter cup would be awesome!!Print
- 1 box (15.25 ounces) chocolate cake mix
- 3 eggs, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 & 1/4 cups milk
- 1 bag (11.5 ounces) Milky Way Simply Caramel Fun Size Candy Bars, or any of your other favorite candy bars
- 1 container (16 ounces) cream cheese frosting
- 3/4 cup caramel bits
- 1 tablespoon water
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Line two muffin tins with paper baking cups.
- Beat together the cake mix, eggs, butter and milk in a large bowl on low speed for about 30 seconds and then on medium speed for about two minutes. Fill the baking cups about 1/2 full with the batter.
- Open the candy bars & cut each one in half.
- Place the cupcakes into the oven and bake for 5 minutes. Remove from the oven & drop a half candy bar into the center of each cupcake. Place back in the oven and back for an additional 9-11 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes, then remove from the pan to cool completely.
- While the cupcakes are cooling, prepare your caramel cream cheese frosting: Empty the cream cheese frosting the bowl of your stand mixer. Place the caramel bits & water in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave the caramel in 30 second intervals until melted. Allow to cool slightly.
- With the mixer on low speed, slowly add the caramel to the cream cheese frosting (you can use as much or as little of the caramel to flavor your frosting as you’d like – I used about 1/2 of the caramel & then saved the rest to drizzle on top of the cupcakes). Once you’ve added the desired amount of caramel, turn the mixer up to medium speed and allow to mix for a couple of minutes, until the frosting stiffens back up.
- Use the Caramel Cream Cheese Frosting to frost your cupcakes. Drizzle remaining caramel on top of cupcakes if desired.
- Serving Size:1 cupcake