May 11, 2020
Everyone loves Tenderflake Pie Crust! So Easy to Freeze, and easy to use in a Jiffy, when you don’t have time to make your own from scratch.
There is time to time Savings on Tenderflake on Checkout51.
That’s your best bet for any savings recently on this brand.
This company produces appetizers, dinners, as well as desserts. There are many delicious recipes available that are sure to please the whole family.
When you hear the word Tenderflake, what is the first thing that comes to mind? Is it Pastry by any chance? For most people, that is the first thing that comes to mind, and you just KNOW we have to feature the ever-famous Pastry Recipe.
This recipe is found on Tenderflake lard box and goes as follows;
Makes three 9-inch double-crust pies or six pie shells.
- 5 1/2 cups of flour(all-purpose)
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 lb (464 g) Tenderflake® lard
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- One lightly beaten egg
- Mix flour and salt together. Cut in Tenderflake with pastry blender or knives until it looks like coarse oatmeal.
- In a separate cup, mix vinegar and egg. Add water to make 1 cup.
- Slowly stir liquid into the Tenderflake mixture. Add only enough juice to make dough cling together. If you add too much liquid mixture, the money will become watery.
- Make a big ball out of the mixture and divide it into six equal portions.
- You can freeze or refrigerate any that you are not using immediately.
- Roll out each portion on the lightly floured surface.
- If the dough seems to be sticky, be sure to chill for about 2 hours.
- Put dough on a pie plate. Trim crusts and bake at whatever your pie recipe calls for.