- 1/4 cup butter, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 & 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 (3.5 ounces) dark chocolate coconut candy bar, coarsely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream together the butter, shortening, and sugar until well combined. Beat in the vanilla.
- Whisk together the cornstarch, flour, and salt in a separate medium bowl, and slowly add them to the butter mixture, alternating with the milk to bring together the dough. It will be crumbly, but it should come together when you press it between your fingers.
- Gently fold in the chopped candy pieces.
- Roll the dough into 1 inch balls. Set the balls on an ungreased baking sheet about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes. Let cool on the baking sheet for a couple of minutes before moving to a wire rack to cool completely.