- 1 can (15 ounces) chick peas
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- pinch of ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper or foil sprayed with non-stick spray.
- Drain the chickpeas in a colander & rinse them with cold water for a few minutes to remove the starch. Pour the beans out onto paper towels & dry them and remove their skins.
- Combine the canola oil, sugar, and cinnamon in a medium bowl. Add the chickpeas to the bowl as your remove the skins. Toss to coat.
- Spread the chickpeas out on the prepared baking sheet. Rinse out the medium bowl because you’ll use it again.
- Bake for 10 minutes, remove from the oven, and toss. Bake for another 10 minutes, remove from the oven & toss again. Bake for an additional 5-10 minutes
- Place the hot chickpeas back into the medium bowl used earlier and coat with the honey.
- Spread the chickpeas out on to a baking sheet and allow to dry.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature.