These cookies are perfectly chocolatey and the peanut butter chips make it like a cookie version of a peanut butter cup. The recipe is adapted from a traditional chocolate chip cookie recipe, so they have that familiar texture and chewiness.
• 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons butter, softened
• 2 cups of sugar
• 2 eggs
• 1 Tsp vanilla
• 2 cups of flour
• ¾ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
• 1 tsp baking soda
• ½ tsp salt
• 1 1/4 cups peanut butter baking chips
1. Preheat the oven to 350F degrees.
2. In a large mixing bowl, use an electric mixer to cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
3. Add the eggs and vanilla; mix well
4. In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together all the dry ingredients ( flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt )until well combined.
5. Add the dry mixture to the wet mixture and beat with an electric mixer until well combined.
6. Add and Stir in the peanut butter chips.
7. Scoop the cookie dough into balls and place on an ungreased baking sheet.
8. Bake at 350F degrees for 8 minutes. Use a spatula to transfer the cookies to a cooling rack to cool slightly before serving.
The cookies need to be slightly underbaked when removed from the oven to ensure chewiness.
Keywords: peanut butter, chocolate cookies,