- 1/4 cup of Epsom salt or fine Himalayan Salt
- 1/2 cup of Baking Soda
- 1/4 cup of corn starch
- 1/4 cup citric acid
- 1 tablespoon of grapeseed oil
- ½ tbsp water
- a few drops red food coloring for desired color
- (Optional) essential oil
Mix the dry ingredients first (Epsom salt, baking soda, cornstarch and citric acid), using your whisk- whisk until there is no clumps found.
- Pour the wet ingredients (grapeseed oil, water and food coloring and essential oil(if adding) into your mason jar, close the lid and shake well.
- Very slowly add the liquid mixture to the dry mixture, about a few drops at a time, while whisking.
NOTE: If you’re not pouring slowly enough, the mixture will start to fizz and you don’t want that to happen.
- Once all of the liquid has been poured into the dry mixture, mix very well until the color is consistent.
- Immediately fill the molds with the mixture, firmly stuffing each side full as possible.
- Secure both parts of the mold together and let set.
- Let sit for over 24 days or a full day to be on the safe side
- Carefully release bath bombs from molds and put into an airtight container, or individual cello bags.
- Prep Time: 15
- Category: Craft
- Method: Countertop
Keywords: diy, bath bomb, valentines day, gift, do it yourself