DIY Bath Bomb Recipe
Do you want an easy Do it yourself (DIY) bath bomb recipe? Here’s a simple one with just a few items – Great for any gift giving occasion.
With Valentine’s day around the corner these one’s are done in “Pink hearts”. But you can use any kind of mold. My friend one year simply used plastic easter eggs that had a top and bottom that were bought from the dollar store – and that’s how she also shipped them
If you want bath bomb molds – you can purchase them at Amazon.ca as well.
You can also substitute the grape-seed oil for another oil you have on hand, such as olive oil, or almond oil – You can even use melted Shea butter depending on your pantry.
Don’t make bath bombs when it’s raining outside – the humidity will make them fizz before the chance to use them.
Wrap them in cellophane first before adding them into any gift basket or plastic bags.Print
- 1/4 cup of Epsom salt or fine Himalayan Salt
- 1/2 cup of Baking Soda
- 1/4 cup of corn starch
- 1/4 cup citric acid
- 1 tablespoon of grapeseed oil
- ½ tbsp water
- a few drops red food coloring for desired color
- (Optional) essential oil
Mix the dry ingredients first (Epsom salt, baking soda, cornstarch and citric acid), using your whisk- whisk until there is no clumps found.
- Pour the wet ingredients (grapeseed oil, water and food coloring and essential oil(if adding) into your mason jar, close the lid and shake well.
- Very slowly add the liquid mixture to the dry mixture, about a few drops at a time, while whisking.
NOTE: If you’re not pouring slowly enough, the mixture will start to fizz and you don’t want that to happen.
- Once all of the liquid has been poured into the dry mixture, mix very well until the color is consistent.
- Immediately fill the molds with the mixture, firmly stuffing each side full as possible.
- Secure both parts of the mold together and let set.
- Let sit for over 24 days or a full day to be on the safe side
- Carefully release bath bombs from molds and put into an airtight container, or individual cello bags.
Keywords: diy, bath bomb, valentines day, gift, do it yourself
Pin it for Later!