Do you love scarves? I know I do! They are a great way to stay warm on a cooler day and can be used as a great accessory to dress up any plain outfit. I’m sure you have heard of infinity scarves. This is a great do-it-yourself project using your husband’s old t-shirts or shop at garage sales or a Value Village for cheap t-shirts. Choose whatever size of t-shirt you want. The larger the shirt the longer the scarf will be, So pull out whatever you have and give it a whirl, and figure out what size you like by trial and error. What’s great about this craft is It’s a NON-Sew! no sewing is required. All you need is a pair of scissors and a ruler. That’s it!
This is probably one of the easiest DIY projects I have posted. Not only is it really easy, but it also only takes about 10 minutes to do. What could be better than that?
- T-Shirt (The larger the shirt, the longer the scarf)
- Ruler or straight edge
- Cut off the bottom hem of the t-shirt and discard.
- Decide on the width you would prefer for the scarf, for this one I measured up 15 inches and cut a straight line.
- Fold the fabric in half to create a line. Unfold the fabric and cut strips that are 1-2 inches wide to the centerline.
- Pull each strip of fabric so that the edges curl up, do this will the main edge of the scarf as well.
- Wear it
More Do it Yourself Projects
- DIY Barbie Furniture and Accessories
- Everything You Need to Know about DIY Masks
- DIY Bath Bomb Recipe