I know this soup sounds a bit strange – I thought so myself when I first heard about it.
Fruit Soup? –
I was at IGA and they had some taste testing for Mango Chicken Chowder & Mango Salsa & mango Avocado Smoothie. I was wowed. It wasn’t what I expected. I expected something similar to Pumpkin or Sweet Potato Soup – But it was nowhere that sweet. The Secret Ingredient in this recipe is the “Curry” it balances out the sweetness – so it does not taste overly sweet & fruity.
The kind gentlemen gave me the recipe and gave me tons of suggestions on how I could modify it.
I was thankful for this delicious new recipe to try on my family – Everyone Said – Add it to the “Make Again ” List & Double the Recipe! So I may use this recipe again Boxing Day with my leftover turkey.
There is so much you can do with the recipe to make it your own – If your Vegan – add more veggies and leave out the meat. – Don’t have Turkey – use Chicken, pork, or lamb. Add as many veggies as you would like. – the more the chunkier the soup will be.
A great tasting soup that your family will beg for you to make again and again!
- 1 Ripe Mango ( Can use Del Monte Mango Spears as a variation)
- 1Kg of Turkey meat (or 4 chicken breasts
- 1 cup of diced up carrots
- 1 Cup of Parsnips
- 3/4 cup of diced onion
- 1/2 of Celery
- 1/2 cup of diced mushrooms
- 1 900 ml of Chicken Broth
- 3 Tbsp of Cornstarch
- 1 Chicken Cube or Bullion
- 1/2 cup of Water
- 1 Tablespoon of Curry Powder
- 1 Cup of Mango Juice ( or could use Pineapple juice as a variation – or Use the juice from Del Monte Mango Spears container)
- In a Large Dutch Oven or Pot
- Chop up your raw Chicken/Turkey ( if you have cooked Turkey then leave it alone for a while and add in later)
- Chop and add your raw veggies ( except Mango/Mushrooms/)
- Add Chicken Broth & Chicken Cube
- Turn Stove to medium/High Heat, Cook till carrots are tender. ( 40 minutes or so)
- In a glass add your water and cornstarch – shake or stir till dissolve and add to soup mixture
- Add Cornstarch mixture to soup
- Add your Curry Powder/ Salt & Pepper
- Simmer another 10 minutes and Serve
- Other Variations to use or try:
- Pearl Barley, Serve with Rice Crackers, Diced potatoes,