You can find all the materials to build this Dollar Store Fall Setting.
Dollar Store Décor: DIY Napkins Rings& Votive Holder
Today’s fun and frugal DIY project is actually two fold! You will learn how to make not one, but two fun crafts using the same items in different ways. If you have been looking for some fall décor for your holiday table, these projects will fit the bill well. Both are simple, both are inexpensive, and both will give your home a pop of autumn charm. So take a look below and find out how you can make these fun fall napkin rings and votive holder yourself.
Here’s the Directions for the Do it Yourself Napkin Rings
DIY Napkin Rings:
These rustic napkin rings are perfect for dressing up your holiday table. Your guests will think you broke the bank, but you will know better.
- Felt leaves
- Sheer ribbon
- Solid ribbon (should be thinner in width than the sheer ribbon)
- Hot glue, glue gun
All of these items were found at our local dollar store. If you can’t find anything identical, just look for something similar. You local store should have comparable items.
1. You want to begin by creating a loop with the sheer ribbon first. Place a small dab of hot glue at the ends and press together where they meet. You will now have formed your first ring.
2. Using your solid ribbon, make another loop around the ring directly on top of the sheet ribbon. Add a dab of glue and secure it into place.
3. Now, where your seams meet, you are going to glue on your felt leaves. Add the larger one first and layer a smaller one on top of it.
4. That’s it! Now all you need to do is roll up a napkin and run it through the napkin ring. It will give your table a festive and fun look.
How easy was that? Now, using these same supplies you are going to create a votive holder. Take a peek.
Here’s the Directions for the Dollar Store Themed Votive Holder
DIY Votive Holder:
This votive holder will set your table aglow!
- Sheer ribbon
- Solid ribbon
- Glass votive holder
- Felt leaves
- Battery operated votive
Just like the project before, you can find these items or one of comparable look at your local dollar store.
1. Begin by wrapping the thick sheer ribbon around the votive holder. Glue the ends together to secure it to the holder.
2. Next, layer the second ribbon directly on top of the sheer one. Secure it in the back with a dab of glue as you did the first.
3. Add a dab of glue to the felt leaves and attach them over the seams to hide them. Layer a few if you wish.
4. Place your battery operated votive inside and you are all ready to glow! This votive holder is sure to light up your space nicely.
By using the same supplies in different ways, you can create a few fun and frugal fall pieces perfect for dressing up your home.
Give these simple DIY projects a try and see what you can come up with!