Quick Breakfast to make for a Morning Road Trip – breakfast Pocket is the way to go. It might be a bit crumbly because of the puff pastry, but it will be easy to hold with a napkin or two for those mornings you need to be on the run!
1 ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese,
A 400-gram package of bacon, cooked and crumbled into bite-sized pieces
A package of puff pastry ( found in freezer section of grocery store)
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Place Parchment paper on your baking sheet.
3. Cook your bacon until crispy, by frying it on the stove top or baking it in your oven
4. In a medium mixing bowl, and eggs and whisk until well combined.
5. Scramble the eggs until almost cooked but slightly runny in a frying pan or skillet
6. Take off heat and mix in the shredded cheddar cheese – Stir well then add your cooked crumbled bacon into the mixture
7. Add a little flour to your workplace and place each puff pastry sheet and cut 4 equal squares.
9. Scoop Approx 1/3 to 1/2 cup of the cooked egg mixture onto each cut pastry square
10. Using fingers or by using a basting brush, use warm water around the edges of each puff pastry square and fold in half bringing top left corner to bottom right corner. Use a fork or fingers to press and seal edges together.
11. Move onto the prepared baking sheet, and score the edges of the pastry several times with a serrated knife
12. Bake for 18 – 20 minutes, or until golden brown.
13. Allow cooling on the pan for 5 minutes before serving.
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: oven