Some Mornings are just that – Mornings – Have an early hockey game to attend? Or early dance morning? Here’s a great little recipe for you to try. It will allow you to eat while on the run. This Breakfast Puff Pastry rocket has breakfast written all over it! How can you go wrong with Eggs, Bacon, and Cheese?
Cost of Breakfast Puff Pastry Recipe
Frozen Puff Pastry packages are $3.27 at Walmart as a Regular Price.
Bacon is the one item that I find can kill any grocery budget if not careful – so I always try and multiple packages when I see them on sale for $2.99.
Shredded Cheese? I always shred my cheese – it is way cheaper than buying shredded cheese. I also will buy bricks of cheese in multiples and freeze them when on sale.
Eggs I usually purchase from Shoppers Drug Mart as it seems they have a special on them every week for $2.25 – $2.99 Or I support my Farmer friends and buy Free Range eggs for $4.00 for 18.
In my shopping habits, I can make this recipe for $10.75 for eight breakfast pockets. Or $1.31 each – which is a whole cheaper than stopping at a fast-food chain for $4-$ five breakfast sandwich.
Breakfast Puff Pastry Recipe with Eggs-Bacon-cheese
Onto the recipe, so you can get started on making this recipe for brunch or perhaps to freeze and prepare ahead for your family mornings.
Easy Puff Pastry Breakfast Recipe
Quick Breakfast to make for a Morning Road Trip – breakfast Pocket is the way to go. It might be a bit crumbly because of the puff pastry, but it will be easy to hold with a napkin or two for those mornings you need to be on the run!
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 18
- Total Time: 30
- Yield: 8 1x
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: oven
1 ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese,
A 400-gram package of bacon, cooked and crumbled into bite-sized pieces
A package of puff pastry ( found in freezer section of grocery store)
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Place Parchment paper on your baking sheet.
3. Cook your bacon until crispy, by frying it on the stove top or baking it in your oven
4. In a medium mixing bowl, and eggs and whisk until well combined.
5. Scramble the eggs until almost cooked but slightly runny in a frying pan or skillet
6. Take off heat and mix in the shredded cheddar cheese – Stir well then add your cooked crumbled bacon into the mixture
7. Add a little flour to your workplace and place each puff pastry sheet and cut 4 equal squares.
9. Scoop Approx 1/3 to 1/2 cup of the cooked egg mixture onto each cut pastry square
10. Using fingers or by using a basting brush, use warm water around the edges of each puff pastry square and fold in half bringing top left corner to bottom right corner. Use a fork or fingers to press and seal edges together.
11. Move onto the prepared baking sheet, and score the edges of the pastry several times with a serrated knife
12. Bake for 18 – 20 minutes, or until golden brown.
13. Allow cooling on the pan for 5 minutes before serving.
Pin it for Later: