- 8 wonton wrappers
- 4 mozzarella string cheese sticks, cut in half
- a small bowl with water – just a tablespoon or two
- oil for frying
- marinara sauce for dipping
- Working one a time, brush the wonton wrapper lightly with water. Place a string cheese half in the center of the wonton. Bring the bottom edge of the wrapper tightly up over the cheese, rolling from the bottom until the top of the sheet is reached. Be very gentle in rolling them up so you don’t tear the wonton wrapper. Repeat with the remaining wonton wrappers & string cheese.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat or a deep fryer.
- Add the wrapped string cheese to the skillet & cook until golden brown and crispy – it only takes a minute or two – if you let it go too long, the cheese could start melting through the wrapper. Transfer the cooked cheesesticks to a paper towel lined plate to drain & slightly cool.
- Serve hot with your favorite marinara sauce for dipping