1. Create a Home Video – if your talented and have the time. Take old home videos, and put in a collection of time. Perhaps as you and your siblings were growing up. And best of all – You’ll have a new Highlights on a CD. This would be a great hit for Mom.
2. Create an easy personal Gift – Consider Modge Podging pictures onto a flower-pot and many more ideas can be found on pintreast
3. Create a CD filled with your moms’ favorite oldies – or songs that remind you of your child hood. Perhaps you have fond memories of listening to favorite music on your travels with your mom as a child.
4. Customized Photo Gifts ~ If you’re in a crunch for time – consider visiting your photo shop store and buying a Customized calendar of all the grand kids, or I love you mom cup with her picture on it. Many of these places allow you to search for photo’s on your facebook profile. So you don’t need to find pictures on your computer or dig through photo albums. Also you consider online services where you can pick up your photo’s or have them mailed to you. Photolab.ca is one option and one for online to have mailed to your home is Blurb
5. Bake a Cake – If your handy around the Kitchen – Perhaps make your mom or Grandma a nice cake – or if your short on time consider purchasing one at your local bakery.
6. Give Flowers – If you have any ready – you can always pick a variety and set them in a vase or tin you have lying around the house. Or consider getting a cheap bouquet from places like Costco or local flower shop. Again if you look around on Pinterest, you’ll find lots of painting vases ideas or tin cans for inspiration
7. Taking your mom out for Lunch or Supper. Check some of her favorite restaurants and see if they have any promotions. Right now for example Applebee’s is having a promotion – Buy a $50 Gift Card and get a $10 Bonus Card.
8. Consider Taking your mom on a Picnic – Avoid the Reservations and long lines at Restaurants. Find a Nice park or campsite – grab some Hot dogs, or sandwiches etc, and spend the day walking around and enjoying each others company.
9. Consider Purchasing a Mini Pedicure or Mini manicure – If you shop around you may find a reasonable priced service, And your mom will love the pampering.
10. Give the Gift of Time. Consider Ideas such as a Coupon Book and Spring Clean her house or Simply Spend the day going to the movies or whatever your mom likes to do as a treat.