There is nothing like cracking open a can of Coke. It can be refreshing, especially on a hot day. Did you know there are more uses for Coke than just drinking it? There are countless uses for Coke and things you can make out of Coke.
Remove urine stains from carpet or clothing by blotting up the excess liquid and sprinkling the spot liberally with baking soda. Pour on some Coke, let it soak in for 10 minutes, then vacuum up the baking soda and blot the remaining liquid with a clean cloth.
Here are 37 more uses for Coke around the home:
Use Coke to Clean Clothing:
You can use Coke in the laundry room to remove grease, bloodstains, and rust. Just soak the clothing item (not white fabrics) in it before tossing it in the washer if heavily soiled. Otherwise, you can spot clean it from small areas on cloth.
2. Remove rust stains from clothing by mixing 1 teaspoon of Cola with 1 cup (250 ml) of bleach and soaking the item overnight.
3. Clean Your Iron: Pour some Coca-Cola into the water reservoir and turn on your iron to steam setting. Move the iron about 8 inches above the damp cloth until the dirt begins to get hot, then clean as normal.
Use Cola to Take Rust off
3. If you are working with a rusty screw or bolt, pour some coke over it. If that doesn’t work, try soaking it if you can by soaking a rag in it and wrapping it around the rusty bolt.
4. Take rust spots from chrome car bumpers by rubbing with a crumpled-up piece of Reynolds Wrap aluminum foil dipped in Coca-Cola.
Use Coke on Your Windshield
5. If you have bugs all over your windshield, try shaking a can of Coke and putting it all over your glass. This would only be good for the warmer weather and if you wipe it clean.
6. Clear away sap from a car windshield using a rag soaked in Coca-Cola. piece of aluminum foil dipped in Coke and scrub to take Sap off your windshield.
Clean Auto With Coca Cola
7. Remove rust from chrome surfaces by pouring a small quantity of Coke over the affected area and scrubbing it with a cloth or steel wool. Rinse thoroughly with water before using.
8. Remove corrosion from car battery terminals by pouring Cola over the affected area and wiping clean (repeat if necessary); let dry before replacing your battery cables or caps.
9. Remove bumper stickers by spraying your car’s bumper liberally with Cola; leave for 10 minutes before scrubbing. Once you’ve removed the bumper sticker, wipe clean with a wet cloth.
Cleaning with Cola In your Garage!
10. Remove rust from tools and other metal surfaces by soaking the rusted area in Coke for a few minutes and then scrubbing it vigorously with a wire brush or steel wool. Rinse well with water and dry. Repeat if necessary.
11. Clean oil stains from garage floors by covering the stain with soda, waiting 10 minutes and then sweeping it up with a broom.
12. Clean oil stains from concrete driveways by applying Coke directly to the stain, scrubbing with a brush, and rinsing with water. Repeat until the stain disappears.
Using Coke outside
13. Get rid of ants in your home by finding out where they’re entering and pouring a bottle (or several) of Coke and fizzy drink cans down their entry points (an ant’s favourite food is dissolved sugar). The acidity kills them, and the “fizz” will make sure they can’t escape surviving by eating the sugar source in your home.
14. Kill weeds and grass around trees by pouring cola directly on the area; repeated applications will help kill off the roots of weeds and grasses, allowing you to pull them out easily when they wither.
15. Dispose of slugs from your garden by placing out shallow bowls filled with Coke to attract them overnight (the sweet taste will attract the slugs who will fall into the bowl and drown)
Use Coca Cola to Tenderize
16. Add a can of Coke to your pot roast to make it juicy and tender.
17. you can turn tough cuts of meat into tender by placing them in a bag with seasonings and a can or two of Coke. Allow soaking overnight for the most tender steak you have ever had.
Use Coca-Cola in your Kitchen to Clean!
18. Oops! Did you allow something to burn in your favourite pot or pan? You can enable a can of Coke to soak inside the container overnight, and it should come out much easier when you go to scrub it.
19. If you compost, periodically add a can of Coke to your pile and stir. The Coke’s sugars, along with the acidity, make it perfect for the micro-organisms to do their job.
20. Before pouring grease down the drain, add several ounces of Coke and let it sit for a few minutes. The grease will coagulate and float to the top, where you can scoop it out and discard it in the trash bin.
21. Clear a stopped-up drain by pouring several cans of Coke into the drain, letting it sit for 15 minutes, then pouring boiling water down the drain.
22. Clean dirt, grease and grime from stovetops by wiping them with a cloth dampened with Coke.
23. Make your copper cookware shine like new again by applying Cola (or lemon juice) to a cloth, scrubbing away at any marks until your cookware sparkles again. Rinse and dry well.
24. Remove food stains from plates by filling a sink with warm water and adding two cans of Cola (the acid in the drink will help remove tough stains). Soak for several hours or overnight before washing as usual.
25. Clean grease stains from appliances (stoves/oven) by wiping and scrubbing with Coca-Cola and then washing as usual.
26. Remove scuff marks from linoleum or vinyl flooring by mixing Cola and (regular) toothpaste in a spray bottle and spraying on the affected area; wipe off with a clean cloth and rinse well with water.
27. Clean lime deposits from tea/coffee pots by filling them with Cola and leaving overnight. In the morning, pour out as much of the Cola as possible, then fill with clean water and scrub. Repeat if necessary until the deposits disappear.
Clean Your Bathroom With Coke
28. Clean bathroom tiles by mixing Coca-Cola with shampoo in a spray bottle and spraying the mixture on the tiles. Rub gently with a sponge or cloth, then rinse with clean water and pat dry.
29. Get that grout whiter with Coke. Just pour onto the problem area and allow to sit a minute or two before scrubbing.
30. Clean calcium deposits from around your tub by filling it with hot water and leaving 2-3 cans of Coca-Cola to dissolve overnight. Clean the area with a sponge in the morning (repeat if necessary).
31, Clean your toilet bowl with a can of Coke. First, flush, then as the water fills back up, pour in your container. Allow the Coke to sit in the bowl for 10-15 minutes and scrub.
32. Strip paint off metal furniture by applying Cola to a clean cloth, then rubbing the metal vigorously (this should strip most paint in one application).
33. Remove labels from glass jars or bottles by soaking them in a bowl of Cola for several minutes before wiping clean.
34. Get rid of stains such as a marker out of carpets by pouring some Coke on them, soaking the satin in it and then scrubbing with warm soapy water.
Get Beautiful Using Coca Cola
35. If your little one has gum in their hair, try soaking it in Coke. After a little while, it should have loosened up so you can get it out.
36. If you just dyed your hair and the colour is too dark, try fading it by pouring a can of Diet Coke over it and allowing it to soak and then rinse.
Coke and lemon foot soak.
How to make a coke foot soak?
- just wash the feet really well and then pour a can of coke into a basin or bucket, big enough for both feet.
- add 2 tablespoons of oatmeal and mix it with your hands until you have a nice thick paste.
- spread this on each foot making sure to coat the nails as well…then put your feet in the coke and soak for as long as you can.
very nourishing on the skin, very refreshing too! this is great for tired achy feet…it’s also said to remove stains from under the nails.
why coke? …because the carbonation makes it fizz, which helps clean out your pores and removes dirt & dead skin
Got tired feet? Mix soda with lemon juice for a foot soak to deodorize and reduce swelling.