13 Uses for Canada Dry Ginger Ale
Ginger Ale is not only a great mixer and a drink that is loved by lots of folks, but a great remedy for many things around your home and body. Here are some awesome uses for Canadian Dry Ginger Ale.
1. Use it for tummy aches. The ginger in Canadian Dry will actually soothe an upset stomach better than any other soda will. Just sip and you will find your stomach behaving in no time.
2. Use flat Canada Dry in place of cold water in gelatin desserts. It will add an extra zing to it. It tastes best in lemon or lime.
3. Help keep stains from setting in by quickly soaking a stain in Canada Dry Ginger ale.
4. If you just dyed your hair and are looking for ways to keep the color from fading, try doing a rinse of flat Canada Dry Ginger ale once a week. Just make sure to rinse out after allowing to sit for 5 minutes or you will end up with a sticky head of hair as well!
5. Soothe a sore throat with warm Canadian Dry Ginger Ale. Just heat it to concentrated it and drink it slowly.
6. Remove stains that have not set by pouring a freshly opened cup of Canada Dry Ginger Ale on the spot and allow to sit for a few moments. Scrub as you normally would. This is only good for stains that are not set it and is not recommended for starch white carpets.
7. Add some Canada Dry Ginger Ale to your Christmas Tree this year. Just add in about 2 cups to the water you use and it will feed your tree with the ginger properties as well as the sugar content, keeping your tree healthier looking, longer.
8. Add a ½ cup of Canada Dry Ginger Ale to that roast in your crock-pot to tenderize it even further. The real ginger in Canada Dry will make it so tender and juicy as well as adding an extra dimension to it’s flavor.
9. To soothe a cold, try drinking lemonade and ginger ale together. Ginger and lemon both have some sinus clearing properties.
10. Whiten your nails after having polish on them for weeks. Just soak your nails in flat Canada Dry Ginger Ale to make then nice and bright again and help get rid of the ugly yellowing that can occur from wearing certain shades of polish.
11. Add some ginger ale to your carrots next time you want to glaze them. It will add that extra something you are looking for.
12. If you are cooking a Christmas ham, you can actually de-salt or lower the sodium content of your ham by soaking it in Canada Dry Ginger Ale. Just cover it with some ginger ale and cook it right in your roaster this way or soak for several hours and remove and cook in water.
13. Swig some Canada Dry Ginger Ale to help curb heartburn. Because Canada Dry has real ginger in it, it is a good substitute for ginger tea for this use.