It’s summertime now! Are your kids home all day during the summers? If they are, that means you are probably going to be hearing the words “I’m bored” more often as well as “I’m hungry”! So today we’re bringing you a summer snack that is perfect for the kids! Delicious to eat & simple enough for them to make – it’ll take care of the hunger & boredom both! 🙂
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup peanut butter chips
- 4 cups mini marshmallows
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 6 & 1/2 cups rice krispie cereal
- In a large sauce pan, melt the butter, peanut butter chips and marshmallows on medium-low heat for 3-4 minutes or until smooth.
- Remove from the heat & stir in the vanilla
- Add the cereal to a very large bowl – I always spray my bowl & pot with non stick spray to help limit the marshmallow sticking as it cools – and pour the marshmallow peanut butter mixture over the cereal; stir to coat evenly.
- Spread the cereal into a well greased 13 x 9 inch pan.
- Cool completely & then cut into bars. Store in an airtight container.