New Uncle Ben’s Canada RECALL.
On July 20, 2018 – Mars Food Canada has issued a Voluntary Recall on:
Uncle Ben’s Fast & Fancy Flavoured Rice (Broccoli/Cheddar and Country Chicken).
These products have been distributed and sold NATIONALLY.
While the product is sold across Canada, this withdrawal is only affecting products sold in eastern Canada.
If you have the recalled product, you are being asked not to consume this product and return it to the place it was purchased for a refund.
Reason for Recall:
- possible Salmonella contamination, which may cause illness
Food contaminated with Salmonella may not look or smell spoiled but can still make you sick. Young children, pregnant women, the elderly and people with weakened immune systems may contract dangerous and sometimes deadly infections. Healthy people may experience short-term symptoms such as fever, headache, vomiting, nausea, abdominal cramps and diarrhea. Long-term complications may include severe arthritis.
|UNCLE BEN’S ® FAST & FANCY ® Broccoli and Cheddar Flavour
UPC: 0 58496 03043 8
|UNCLE BEN’S ® FAST & FANCY ® Country Chicken Flavour
UPC: 0 58496 03045 2
Out of an abundance of caution, Mars Food Canada is conducting a voluntary withdrawal of select UNCLE BEN’S ® products, FAST & FANCY® Broccoli and Cheddar and FAST & FANCY® Country Chicken flavoured rice, after learning about possible Salmonella contamination in the seasoning pouches in these two products.
- There have been no reported illnesses associated with the consumption of these products.
What you should do:
- Check to see if you have recalled products in your home.
- Please do not consume this product.
- Recalled products should be thrown out or returned to the store where they were purchased.
- If you think you became sick from consuming a recalled product, call your doctor.
If you have questions about this Mars Food Canada Recall, please contact:
- Mars Food Canada at 1-800-734-3226 for further information.
Visit the Mars Food website for more information on this recall.