Do you love to Shop at second-hand stores? Value Village has tons of stores across Canada. There are multiple things to be found, including a large selection of clothing for the whole family—also a vast range of homeware.
Value Village Coupons!
It’s National Thrift Store Week – August 17 through August 22nd, 2021 and you can save more when you spend more!
- Save 20% off when you spend $30
- Save 25% off when you spend $50
- Save 30% Off When you spend $75
How to Score Big With Value Village
There are a few tips and tricks with shopping at Value Village and other Thrift Stores if you are trying to resell stuff, but for the average consumer, like myself – I’m always looking for stuff to recycle or replacement for things; that I loved – Retro!
I’m sorry if it offends anyone – But I’m tired of spending money on New Stuff that breaks in a year or two; nowadays, the only way to find decently made stuff is at Thrift Stores, in my opinion, and one of those places I hit up is Value Village.
Most Value Villages I’ve been at all have a HUGE selection of Clothing! Some Houseware! Things I don’t find are Furniture nor appliances.
How to Save Money at Value Village
1. Buy Only what you fall in love with
Purchasing things you will use or wear is the most important thing when shopping at Thrift Stores. Just because you think it’s a good deal doesn’t mean you should purchase it for no reason but to have something of value.
2. Take advantage of The Exchange Policies
- Must be within seven days of purchase with receipt and tag attached.
- No cash refunds exchange only.
- Clothing, accessories, and small household items may be exchanged.
3. Watch the Colour Coded Tags
The tags at Value Village are colour-coded – Meaning every colour stands for when the item arrived and each week there is a different coloured tag that is on sale. Listen for the loudspeaker or just ask what colour is on sale for the day!
4. Use Value Village Canada Rewards program
The Value Village in Canada Rewards Program Called ” Savers.” The rewards program is 100% free to get. Ask the cashier for a saver card.
Some of the perks of the Rewards Program
- Special Discounts just for you ( held throughout the year)
- Members will also receive exclusive coupon offers via email.
- Get invited to Special Store Events.
- Birthday Discount of 20% off
How do you find out how many points you have?
You will need to stop by your local Value Village Store in Canada and ask the cashier to look up your points and rewards balance. Or you can look at your receipt for your points total.
Do Rewards club members need a card?
A card is not required for the Value Village Rewards Program. However, you can have the cashier look up your account using your email address or phone number to sign up for your Super Savers Program.
5. Donate to Value Village Year Round
When you donate goods to Value Village, you will receive a coupon to Save 20% off your next purchase.
Value Village Canada accepts donations year-round.
What can you donate?
- Clothing for everyone
- Accessories: Hats, Mitts, Scarves, Ties, Nylons, Socks, Underwear, shoes, purses, wallets, bags, jewelry
- Bed and Bath Towels, Sheets, Blankets, Pillows, Curtains, Tablecloths
- Books – Hardback and Paperback, Magazines
- Videos, DVDs, Cds
- Computer Software – not computers
- Housewares – mugs, dishes, baskets, hand tools, pots, pans, silverware, glassware,
- Small appliances such as toasters, blenders, coffee pots, lamps,
- Sporting Equipment – golf clubs, balls, hockey equipment, exercise equipment
- Toys, bikes
- Garden tools
What do you shop for at Value Village?
I personally try always to take a look at the Men’s clothing section to be on the hunt for Safety workwear; many times, there are some great bargains if you can find any on the shelf.
- Retro Stuff – I always look for Retro Stuff! I’m a bit of a geek, and I love my Hunter Green toaster!
- Shadow Boxes and trays for the art projects I do in the winter.
- Things for Fairy Gardens or stuff to recycle for outdoors for the summertime
- Cast Iron stuff – I’m always on the lookout for unique cast iron stuff.