These Cinnamon Swirl Pancakes will be the show’s star at breakfast time! Swirls of cinnamon throughout and topped with cream cheese glaze!
Pancake Mix – Do you use a box or create by scratch? If you use a package, we like Costco’s Kirkland’s Buttermilk Complete Pancake & Waffle Mix.
Cinnamon – This recipe uses cinnamon for the swirls in the pancakes and also for the topping. We highly suggest using Ceylon Cinnamon as it has a much milder flavour than Cassia Cinnamon.
Cream Cheese Glaze – The glaze is made with cream cheese, milk, sugar, and vanilla extract. You can add a little cinnamon to the ice if desired.
Cinnamon Swirl Pancake Recipe
2 cups of your preferred pancake batter, or you can create it by scratch with the following :
Create a pancake mix by Scratch
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted)
- 3 Tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
Cream Cheese Glaze:
- 4 Tablespoons butter, room temperature
- 2 Tablespoons cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- + milk, optionally, to thin out
- Start by making the cinnamon swirl mixture. Melt the butter in a pan, stir in the brown sugar and cinnamon and set aside to cool.
2. Heat your pancake skillet; add oil or nonstick spray if necessary.
3. Make your pancake batter by stirring together all pancake ingredients with a wooden spoon. Scoop a 1/3 to 1/2 cup portion onto the skillet.
4. As the pancake starts to cook, spoon the cinnamon swirl mixture into a piping bag or plastic bag. Once the pancake is almost fully cooked on one side, snip off the end of the bag and add a swirl of cinnamon on top of the cooking pancake.
5. Allow the cinnamon mixture to set for at least one minute before flipping and cooking complete on the other side.
6. Repeat for all pancakes. Meanwhile, whip together the cream cheese glaze. You can drizzle this over the pancakes with a spoon or an additional piping bag – your choice.