Do you have a day of the week that you try to eat meatlessly? I know a bunch of people participate in Meatless Mondays. We actually do backward from that – we try to eat meatless every day but Fridays. We enjoy eating meals packed with veggies – it’s good for us & saves money on our weekly grocery budget!
These Deconstructed Guacamole Tacos have all of the flavors you love from traditional corn guacamole! You’ll love these tacos so much you’ll never miss the meat!
- 1 can (15 ounces) whole kernel sweet corn, drained
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes with jalapenos, drained
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, roughly chopped
- juice from 2 small limes
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground chili powder
- 1 avocado, diced
- corn taco shells*
- In a medium bowl, combine the corn, tomatoes, cilantro, lime juice & seasonings. Stir together. Cover & refrigerate until ready to serve or at least an hour or two to let the flavors blend.
- To serve: fill the corn taco shells with the corn salsa & then top with the diced avocado.
*I would recommend using the corn taco shells simply because the liquid from the corn salsa will soak into a flour tortilla & make it messy to eat