Welcome to the 2022 Tax Season! This year, make your filing process simple and efficient by opting for online tax software. With so many different options available, you’ll be able to find a tailored solution that best fits your needs. Don’t know where to start? Reach out; most companies have an affordable way of providing customer support through digital agents who specialize in helping individuals with their taxes.
The tax return filing deadline for the 2022 tax year is May 1, 2023
Filing Your Canadian Tax Return Online
wondering if filing your Canadian tax return online is right for you? With the multitude of free and paid programs available, it cannot be easy to decide.
Filing taxes online offers many benefits over traditional paper filing methods. Online tax preparation software has become extremely user-friendly. It offers a variety of features, such as self-employment income wizards to guide you through the filing process, import functions for financial data and support for various tax forms. Plus, it’s easier than ever to securely share your documents online with trusted advisors who can help you with your taxes.
Filing your Canadian tax return online is an easy and convenient way to get your taxes done quickly and accurately. With the variety of free and paid programs available, you can find one that meets your needs. Many offer features such as step-by-step guidance, import functions for financial data, and support for various tax forms. Plus, you can securely share your documents online with trusted advisors who can help you with your taxes.
The choice is yours – do your homework and find online tax software that fits your budget and lifestyle!
HOW TO FILE YOUR TAXE Return ONLINE
Have your taxes done quickly and efficiently with two convenient online options? Netfile is a secure, hassle-free filing system provided by the Canadian Revenue Agency that allows you to submit your tax return electronically in just minutes! To make things even easier, only CRA-certified software such as Simply TAx or similar programs is needed to get it all set up. No paper forms are required!
Tax return submissions through NETFILE go to the CRA
If you don’t feel confident in your ability to use NETFILE or have a problematic tax return, DO reach out to a tax preparation agent or firm who can help you complete your tax return.
Did you know the Canada revenue agency CRA offers a service called “FILE MY Return,” which lower-income families can use to file their income tax for FREE? Watch your postal mail for a letter in February 2023 to proceed with this tax return service.
Free Income tax software Canada
Canadians have many tax software programs to choose from when preparing their return; some are free, while others require a minor fee. If you’re feeling overwhelmed and need assistance, No matter which route you take – doing it yourself or enlisting an expert- Canada’s six main tax software options provide quick and easy solutions for filing your taxes in no time!
Feel free to contact the CRA directly at 1-800-959-8281.
1. SIMPLE TAX
This Simple Tax software offers one main product. You can pay anything you want for their service. They will ask for a donation after you submit your return to the government. You can contribute from $0.00 to $49.99 if you want. The company was founded in 2012 and was recently acquired by another company in 2019.
Benefits of this Tax Software
- This software offers up to 20 returns per account and is intuitive enough for anyone. You don’t have to be a tech genius! It even has robot assistance that will take you through the process step-by-step with guaranteed calculations; if an error from the CRA leads you to owe money, they’ll reimburse it as soon as possible. Plus, get your refund deposited within 8 days into your bank account – practically overnight! And finally, pay what’s convenient for you since this software is certified by the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA).
Benefits of this Tax Software
- Up to 20 returns per account
- Easy-to-use Canadian tax software
- It prompted Step by Step guidance with Robot assistance.
- Guaranteed Calculations (You will be reimbursed if you pay the penalty or interest because of their error.
- They will refund your money if you calculate or find a bigger refund.
- Fast Refund – as little as eight days to get your income tax return direct deposited into your bank account
- Pay what you want.
- Certified software ( from the CRA )
- No installation of software
2. Studio Tax
StudioTax:is ideal if you live in Northwest Territories, Yukon or Nunavut and your total income are less than $20,000. It provides free online tax filing for returns before 2019 – starting with 2020 taxes; however, a nominal fee of just $15.00 allows you to both Netfile and print your return!
The tax software is available for download on both Windows and Mac computers. You can also use a mobile phone app to start filing your taxes. After you install the program, you can file your income tax using NETFILE certified and file with the CRA.
Benefits of StudioTax Tax Software
- It is netfile certified.
- You are in charge of the Security ( It doesn’t leave your computer)
- Up to 20 returns per year
- Includes different tax scenarios
3. U- FILE – Free Version
uFile is a software that you can use to do your taxes online. You can use it on a computer or any mobile device. If you want to use the windows version, you must download and install the program on your computer. Founded in 2003, uFile has successfully simplified the tax process for its users. It includes several user-friendly features, such as an interview-style questionnaire to determine your deductions and credits, a variety of helpful hints, and step-by-step support with visuals.
FREE Tax software if you are
- a Student – regardless of income
- Newcomers to Canada and are filing your first Canadian Tax Return
- If you are tax return is a single employment income ( T4) or has a mention come
- Low-Income Taxpayers with a total family income that is less than $20,000
If you do not qualify to use the service, the paid version starts at $19.95 per tax return
Benefits of tax software:
- Auto-fill my return
- UFile supports over 230 forms and slips.
- Pension income splitting
- Tax return storage for up to 9 years
- Refile is you need to resubmit your previously filed return.
introducing Cloud Tax software, created by Nimalan Balachandran, for your taxation needs! Certified and approved by the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA), you can now easily file free and paid tax returns in just a few clicks.
The CloudTax is ideal for self-employed and small business owners who need to file taxes quickly and easily. It allows you to import your T4s, automatically calculate your deductions, provide complete tax filing guidance, and accurately submit your return online with the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA).
Benefits of Tax Software ( FREE )
- Use the program both on the computer and mobile (ios and android)
- Secured data
- Option to have online tax storage
- Has Auto fill my return option
Cloud Tax Pro starts at $29 per return
- Benefits to Self Employed
- Rental Properties
- Investment Income
Cloud TAX PLus
is for Business Accounts with Corporations
Cloud Tax is unavailable to Quebec, the Northern Northwest Territories, Yukon and Nunavut.
5. TURBOTAX FREE Version
TurboTax is a leading online tax-filing software that has become increasingly popular in Canada. Its free version offers an indispensable and straightforward solution for those with basic returns, making it an ideal choice! Additionally, TurboTax can be used from any device you have, including your smartphone – convenient yet effective.
Can I use the free version of TurboTax?
You may qualify for the free TurboTax version if your total income is less than $20,000. This includes students, newcomers to Canada and low-income taxpayers.
Benefits of TurboTax software:
- TurboTax software has these benefits:
- – You can file your taxes online (NETFILE-certified)
- – 20 free returns per year
- – The program can fill in some information for you (Auto-fill My Return)
- – You have a better chance of getting a large refund (Maximum refund guarantee)
- – They promise your return will be accurate, or they will pay any penalties (100% accuracy guarantee)
- – After you submit your return, you can see it online right away (Instant access to your notice of assessment after submitting your return using NETFILE)
- – If you need to make changes to your return, you can do it quickly (REFILE)
- – The website is secure and private (Security: TLS encryption to secure your personal information)
GenuTax is desktop software only obtainable via Windows computers. However, you are welcome to voluntarily donate any amount to help maintain and improve the services they provide. Asked to the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA), GenuTax has been used for over 15 years to help individuals complete their returns accurately and on time.
Benefits of Tax Software features
- This tax return software is free to use and can handle most tax situations, such as small business, rental income, and capital gains.
- Limited customer service is available through email
- Prepare up to 20 tax returns every year.
Why do Canadians file their tax return Electronically?
Filing electronically is easy, and anyone can do it. You don’t need to be an expert. You will get your refund back faster – in as little as ten days. It’s cheaper than hiring someone to do it for you.
What To Look For In Free Tax Software
Budget: Does the software have a free version that meets your needs? Sometimes the more advanced features are only available in paid versions.
Ease of Use: Is it easy to understand and use? Some programs may have a steep learning curve, while others may be simple to pick up and learn quickly.
Security: Your information must be secure. Look for software that encrypts your information, has two-factor authentication, and requires password updates regularly.
Compatibility: Ensure the program you choose is compatible with your operating system. Some programs only work with Windows or Mac OSX, while others may be available on mobile platforms (iOS/Androidacked by the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA): Look for software programs certified by the CRA. This ensures they are up to date with all of the latest tax laws and regulations.
Ensure you choose a program that is best suited to your individual needs. Many free options are available; however, if you need more features, you may need to consider a paid program. Research and select the software that meets your needs, budget, and requirements. Good luck!
Which free tax software is best in Canada to file your Taxes online?
There are some things to consider before deciding which software to use. For example, do you have a computer or a mobile device? If you only have a mobile device, you won’t be able to download the software unless it is designed for mobile devices. Another thing to think about is security. It is essential to make sure your information is safe and secure.
For those unfamiliar with filing their income tax, I highly suggest a software program that grants assistance for any issues encountered – even if it entails paying a small price.
If you are self-employed or have rental income, you must ensure that the program you select supports such forms of employment. If your business operates as a corporation, you will have fewer programs to pick from.
The Two biggest known tax software companies are Turbo TAX and SimpleTAX. They are both Canada revenue agency certified, and both programs make it easy to file your taxes online every year.
Auto-fill my return?
What does ‘Auto-fill my Return’ Mean in the tax software system?
This means that the software will automatically fill in your information on each page of the tax return, so you don’t have to do it yourself.
Feel free to contact the CRA directly at 1-800-959-8281.
Editors Note: Updated January 28, 2023
This is great staff!! Stop paying huge amounts to accountants 🙂
Comments are closed.